Still Need Advise With Groaning Noise In Master Bath

Users who are viewing this thread

btmoore9

Reaction score
I hope someone can read the thread about the humming/groaning noise that only comes from the master bath when the toilet is flushed or when the water is turned off on my sink because the noise is getting louder and lasting a little bit longer and I am getting a little concerned. Please help if you have any input. :(

Thank you

Bridget

Deb

Plumber
Reaction score
Deb

Hi bridget,
I talked about this a little in my longwinded answer to your other post, but you seem more urgent here. The fill valve in the toilets are famous for making strange noises, especially if you have high pressure. You can turn the valve off at the toilet (make sure that it actually does shut off completely) and see if this makes a difference. Toilet fill valves are fairly easy to change as a rule, but there is really no such thing as a truly straightforward plumbing job, any job can go bad at any time.
Someone else mentioned checking the water pressure, a really good idea. You can buy an inexpensive pressure gauge that will connect to a hose outlet (called a hose bib). Excess pressure should be reduced with a pressure reducer (required by code if above 80 psi). A pressure reducer is located on the main line as close as possible to where the water comes in the home. You could have one that is bad or you could need one. Check these things out and then get backto us.
Deb
The Pipewench

btmoore9

Reaction score
Thank you, thank you, thank you :D

I will get that done this coming weekend and let you all know.

Bridget

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks