Stiff Kohler widespread "Revival" faucet stem

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by billjc, Mar 6, 2012.

1. billjc

billjc New Member

I have a lavatory sink with Kohler widespread "Revival" faucets in a house that I have recently bought.

The hot water faucet is gradually getting very hard to turn on and off.

I would usually take the faucet apart but I cannot see any way to remove the handle or disassemble it.

Is it all one piece and I have to get it from under the sink or what?

It is a very expensive set and I do not want to ruin it.
  2. zimm5023

zimm5023 New Member

Did anyone ever respond to your post? I have the same problem. There doesn't appear to be a set screw or any way to get the handle off to lubricate it. We have a Kohler sink that doesn't allow you to get any conventional type of wrench up to the nut underneath the sink. Any advice is welcome.

3. cacher_chick

cacher_chick Test, Don't Guess!

4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

THe only faucet I have ever seen that had to be taken off the sink to fix it was a "Glacier Bay" wide spread. ALL Kohlers can be repaired from the top once you remove the handle. You unscrew the 'chrome" piece the handle is sitting on to remove the handle.
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2013