Sticky pressure switch

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by Fishguy, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Fishguy

Fishguy New Member

I have recntly installed a new pressure switch. I also was finally able to check the pressure tank and adjust the switch to it's proper setting(see previous thread). Now, every couple of days, I wake up to no water. (I have a KDF filter that self flushes over nite) I have to go outside (burr) and just lightly tap on the new switch and the pump kicks in. All will be fine for a couple more days.
    Any idea as to the problem?

Thanks in advance,
    Steve
  2. speedbump

speedbump Previous member

Did you buy a quality switch or a big box switch?

Did you clean or at least check the pipes feeding pressure to the switch to see if they were clear?

bob...
  3. nhmaster

nhmaster Master Plumber

Did you clean or at least check the pipes feeding pressure to the switch to see if they were clear?

That's gotta be it
  4. Fishguy

Fishguy New Member

pressure switch

The line to the switch was clear and yes it's a switch from Lowe's.

Steve
  5. WV Hillbilly

WV Hillbilly New Member

I assume you didn't have this problem till you installed the new switch . If you're sure the water pressure line feeding the switch is clear I'd say you got a defective switch .
  6. Fishguy

Fishguy New Member

Who Me??

I am in NO WAY surprised by that!!

Steve
  7. speedbump

speedbump Previous member

That makes three of us.

bob...
  8. sammyhydro11

sammyhydro11 Previous member

Pressure switches from lowes are complete garbage. I have replaced 3 of them in the last 2 months. You need to go to a plumbers supply store and get yourself a good quality square D switch.

sammy

www.tylerwellandpump.com