Sticky laundry pump

Users who are viewing this thread

Bucky Katt

Reaction score
I have a laundry pump under my wash tub that doesn't seem to work properly. The washing machine drains into the tub, but as the tub fills, the pump starts making a slow, rhythmic "whump - whump" type noise, like it's trying to kick on. However, I have to turn the pump on manually to drain the tub, so I have to listen for the "whump - whump" to know I have to run downstairs and drain the tub. Needless to say, I've had a few floods.

A friend has a similar pump with a two-position switch that either allows the tub to fill or kicks the pump on automatically when water is present. I suspect this is how mine is supposed to work, but it's either not wired correctly or has some internal problem. Any suggestions?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks