Sterling shower panel with crack

Users who are viewing this thread

jks84

Reaction score
I am installing a sterling 4 piece shower set. I am about to install the back wall. When I opened the package I noticed that the bottom of the panel, where it meets the pan, has two cracks. These cracks don't wrap around to the front side of the panel. They are just on the bottom. Should I return it? Epoxy it, leave it? I attached some pictures for reference. Thank you. - Jake

Last edited by a moderator:

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
Usually when I install one of these I will use some White Siliconeized Alex Dap
and put a good bead of the stuff along the bottom where
this sits on... I normally lay it on pretty thick and set the top down into it...
then wipe off the excess with a wet towel...

one of the reasons I do this is to keep water from finding a way along that back wall
and down the sides .. The Alex dap works well. and I also throw a large bead up both
walls where the snap together........

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
There are big problems in shipping these units without them becoming damaged. You paid for an unbroken product, it is certainly within reason to expect one.

JRC3

Reaction score
^
Yep.

Return it. Inspect the new box thoroughly for the smallest of contact from anything. Check the corners of the box for crumpling or drag marks. Open suspect areas and check for damage before you even leave with it.

Reach4

Reaction score
Another option is to call the maker and see if they want to just send you that one piece. Look over the instructions, and you will get an idea if the maker would like to be contacted for such things or not.

jks84

Reaction score
I ended up getting some epoxy and putting it on the backside of both cracks since neither one had wrapped around the front of the panel. There wasn't any movement around the crack before and now the epoxy has filled it in and stiffened it up so I don't see the crack spreading to where water could leak in.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks