Sterling shower door explodes

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Mad Plumber, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Mad Plumber

Mad Plumber Mad Skills

I have a less than two year old Sterling shower door that had no crack and exploded; has anyone else had this problem. The door was the bronze framless type door. I would appreciate any information you could give me.
    Linda E
  2. cwhyu2

cwhyu2 Consultant

I had this happen to me once installed frameless sliding door then trimed out the faucet and bumped towel bar with my elbow spent 1hr cleaning up the glass,then the other door did the same when vac touched towel bar,good thing there was a nurse there.
  3. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Shower doors are of course tempered glass, which means they will explode if nicked just right, especially at an edge, or where the rollers attach, or where the towel bar screw holes are.

I have a Keystone frameless that is about 15 years old. No worries, Mate!
  4. AlwaysInHotWater

AlwaysInHotWater New Member

I've had it happen to me. Tempered glass will shatter into a million pieces when tweaked.