Sterling ensemble curve shower/tub surround

Users who are viewing this thread

quietstorm

Reaction score
I recently had a sterling ensemble curve bath/shower surround installed. My plumber did not use any metal or plastic clips on the tub flange to the studs, Instead he put screws through the flange of the tub directly into the studs. There is also a gap all the way around the front edge of the tub where the wall panel and tub meet. The widest gap is about 3/16". Because of this there is water splashing underneath the the wall panel. My plumber decided to caulk the gap all the way around including the weep hole and the vertical seams along the wall panels. He did not however caulk around the tub where the surround meets the wall.
Can you please advise if caulking this semi-caulk unit will cause any problems?
Also are screws commonly screwed into the flange of the tub instead of using clips my plumber says its common he always does it that way?
P1020274.JPG
P1020259-1.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks