Steer me to my toilet please..

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by jblu99874, Jan 15, 2006.

1. jblu99874

jblu99874 New Member

I thought toilet shopping was easy until I visited this website! I'll get a good one now, but I'm hoping you can tell me which one for my sitch.

Need the higher toilet, ADA compliant or not, I want the 16 inches or so (comfort height, -L, -F, whatever). Also, I need to limit the depth (wall to front of bowl) as much as possible, 28 inches is pushing it but I can live with it to get the comfort height.

Like everyone, I want one that flushes well and stays clean. So I checked out Terry's consumer reports. I see the Toto Drake and Ultramax are great --I like the one piece look of the Ultramax but don't see a Sanigloss option for that. The Drake has one but is two piece. The Kohler Cimarron would be good but apparently it doesn't clean itself worth a damn. Is there another toilet that I should be looking at? How important do you all think the Sanigloss is? Is there a reason why it is not offered in the Ultramax, or is it?

Too much info, can you just tell me what the answer is? :) Thanks!
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]
    I've been using the Clorex Teflon bowl cleaner.

If you treat a bowl with this, cleaning will be much easier.

The ADA heights 16.5" can be had in the Drake CST744SL and the Ultramax MS854114SL
    Sanagloss comes in the standard height 14.5" Drake and Ultramax in Cotton White
    And in more colors in the slightly higher 15" Vespin and Carlyle.
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2006
  3. jblu99874

jblu99874 New Member

Thanks Terry. What is Sanagloss anyway -- something you apply to the bowl that helps it stay clean? Can I get the Ultramax SL with Sanagloss?
  4. Cass

Cass Plumber

Sanagloss is a treatment done to the toilet bowl and trap, at the factory, to help prevent staining.
  5. Spokaneman

Spokaneman New Member

I installed two Toto's both Vespins both Sanigloss, and I couldn't be happier.

I replaced both a 3.5 gal and an early model 1.6 gal. I haven't plunged since I installed them (versus every other day or so with the old) and the Sani-?Gloss is great for keeping the bowl clean. I highly recommend them. A little more money, but well worth it.
  6. Mike50

Mike50 DIY Senior Member

Terry...will the teflon product also help with really hard water staining here in the high desert? I'm referring to two new toilets I want to keep in good condition.

At your suggestion I bought a couple bottles. I notice that Clorox makes an in tank
    tablet drop-in teflon as well. Don't use that version...?

Mike