steel pipe problem

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by kiltybob, Apr 19, 2013.

1. kiltybob

kiltybob New Member

I can't get steel piping off. The pipe was clogged, and deteriorated on one end, and alot of the threading came off. I used WD-40, and then a pipe wrench, but it wouldn't budge. This is located under a kitchen sink with little room to move.
  2. asktom

asktom Member

Are you talking about a drain line or the water supplies?
  3. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

If you are trying to remove a pipe nipple for the shutoff, it's going to take some muscle.
    A pipe wrench helps to break it loose, though sometimes if the pipe is crushing, you may need an easy out.
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

I assume it is the drain line, and if so, you need the biggest wrench you can fit inside the cabinet and the heaviest hammer you can swing under there to "beat" on the wrench.