steam shower question

Users who are viewing this thread

trader14

Reaction score
hi guys - we are putting in a steam shower as we speak and I hope someone can provide some insight on
steps to build it right...here is where we are at, so far he has installed durock , so my question is what should
go on top of the durock step by step until the tile gets installed.
thanks and cheers!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Getting the details right for a steam shower are CRITICAL for long-term life and reliability. Better to have asked before you started! There are lots of methods and materials, follow any one of them carefully and exactly and it should work. But, because it is much more critical than a typical shower, your method must be exact and workmanship (important anywhere, but more so on a steam shower) is critical.

The TCNA handbook lists and describes many 'approved' methods. Your local building department may have some restrictions you should find out about, too.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks