Steam generator installation question

Users who are viewing this thread

uscpsycho

Reaction score
My steam generator (Thermasol) instructions say that the steam line can only go up one time between the generator and the steam head. But the steam line already comes straight up out of the generator. Is this the one time it can go up? Or can it go down and then up one more time?

I have a situation where the line comes UP out of the generator and then goes down. But before it gets to the steam head I need it to go up again about 10 inches to get over a beam. However, it won't come close to going back up to the same level as the generator, when it goes up it would be several feet below the generator.

Would that scenario be OK? Or do I need to figure out another route where the steam line only goes down?

TIA!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
It should ONLY go continuously upward, or downward. If it goes down and then up, it will create a pocket where steam will condense into water and then the water will spray out of the nozzle when the pressure builds up behind it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks