Station 5 & 6 keeps running

Users who are viewing this thread

movieuser1

Reaction score
I have 6 stations in a Rainbird system. It has been working fine till recent.
Now when station 1 starts, station 5 & 6 (i think both as i am not sure) starts and keep going till the end of the program. I dont remember if it stops on its own after the cycle as i switch it off before the entire program is done.

I a do not know if it is an issue with the controller or the valve.

Can some please shed somelight and what needs to be done..

Note: I manually tested station 1 for 1 min and 5&6 came up at the sametime and i beleive all of them stopped after 1 min.

Msgale

Reaction score
you must have a short somewhere..

the 3 wires for those 3 valves somewhere must be connected together, so when you energize one, all 3 get the electricity.

where?
that's the hard part, finding it.
any recent digging?
any animals might chew something?

movieuser1

Reaction score
IT really doesnt matter if it is station 1 or station 2 which activates station 5& 6 . Any station started manually activates 5&6

Recently i chopped of a part of the pvc pipe near a T serverd by station

I ficed it back by joining the pvc with a coupler. But i havent touched any electric wiring.

the 3 wires for those 3 valves somewhere must be connected together, so when you energize one, all 3 get the electricity.

where?
that's the hard part, finding it.
any recent digging?
any animals might chew something?

Joerg

Reaction score
One test method: Connect each valve individually to the 24V transformer, one by one. If they all work ok then your controller is fried.

Regards, Joerg

Msgale

Reaction score
it it's zone 1 or zone 2 that will activate 5&6...

then my bet is that you have a controller problem, rather than what i had suggested earlier, ( the 3 wires connected by accident )

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks