Static cling toilet seat

Users who are viewing this thread

sfphoenix75

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone's had this experience... Just bought a soft-close Toto toilet seat. Love the seat except for one thing: Even after a week its still has a lot of static charge on it. The problem is that it attracts hairs like a magnet and, well, I'm sure you get the picture.

I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this or has any ideas how to fix it other than a brazilian wax? :eek:

Art33

Reaction score
In the instructions for a vacuum cleaner I own, with a plastic housing which may attract dust thru static charges, they suggest wiping the plastic with a fabric softener sheet. It would be worth a try in your case. -=Art=-

Prashster

Reaction score
My treadmill develops wicked static charge in the winter. When I grab the hold bar, it shocks me like Peter Gabriel's monkey. A humidifier in the gym helps this. Not sure why this works; I think it's bkz when the air is moist, it can conduct electricity better and dissipate it off the belt or your toilet better than when it's dry.

You could also try shaving your butt, or not sitting beard-down on the seat :D

Or, you can embrace the charge, and add a metal grab bar that goes to ground. When your guests sit down, they'll get a happy little zap that'll be sure to make their day.

Last edited:

sfphoenix75

Reaction score
Good ideas from both of you. I'll try the fabric softener sheets. I'll also see whether running a hot shower makes a difference to the static charge. My wife thanks you!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks