Starting Up Sprinkler System

Users who are viewing this thread

aeberspacher

Reaction score
I need some help starting up my sprinkler system. I purchased the home in November 2012 and had no problems just turning on the water and it starting in 2013. We had a company blow it out as part of a larger project in November 2013 and this year when I'm trying to start it up again, things aren't going so well. All I read doesn't apply to my sprinkler system. There aren't 2 valves to turn on or on, there aren't pepcocks to turn with a screwdriver. None of that is on my system, which now seems old.

When I turn it on, water comes out the top right and out the 2 holes on the perpendicular pipe. I can't find anything to plug these 2 holes on the bottom side of the pipe or what's different this year from last year when the system worked just fine. Any thoughts? Thanks for your help. I'd rather not spend the $75 for someone to come out and tell me what I'm doing wrong when some kind person may do it for free.

Thanks!

image.jpg

image.jpg

aeberspacher

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply, Smooky.

The gray box on the left is a water meter not connected to the sprinkler system. The pipe that goes down goes into the ground and then the sprinkler box. I guess I'm confused most at the two holes along the bottom of the pipe perpendicular to the ground. The one hole has what looks to be where they connected the air compressor nozzle. There's another hole just to the left of that attachment that's open, however. I can't see how water wouldn't fall out of there.

It's just a confusing system put together by previous home owners who claimed to be landscapers.

Thanks again for your reply!

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks