Standard (non-ADA) height toilet - Toto Eco Drake, American Standard Cadet, other

Users who are viewing this thread

Gibs

Reaction score
I've spent many hours on this site - thank you for all the great info and advice! I am remodeling a very small 3/4 bath (4'x7') and want to get a toilet that meets the following criteria:
  1. Standard (not ADA/comfort) height - I am very short and find the "comfort" height extremely UNcomfortable as my feet don't quite touch the ground, and am many years away from having to worry about bad knees etc. I'm single, so I can afford to be selfish on this (and have 2 other ADA height, elongated bowl toilets elsewhere in the house if necessary for a guest)
  2. 1.28 gal - I live in TX and my understanding is that 1.6 gal toilets no longer meet code here (please correct me if this is wrong)
  3. Depth of 28" or less, ideally more like 26", to maximize floor space. I'm indifferent as to round vs elongated bowl, although sounds like round would save a couple inches so be better space wise
  4. REALLY REALLY don't want to deal with double flush and especially not with "streaking" issues that some have mentioned. Ugh.
Based on the above and everything I've read here, it seems that the best options would be either the standard height Toto Eco Drake round bowl or American Standard Cadet 3 1.28 round bowl (the non-Right Height version). Which would you recommend? Or some other option?

Or given #4 above, would you recommend that I just deal with dangling feet and get the Toto Drake II which everyone seems to love and sounds like does better on the bowl cleaning front than the original Drake, but is sadly only available in the very uncomfortable ADA height? Really wish Toto would make it in standard height for us vertically challenged folks...

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
A good non-streaky bowl would be the Drake CST744EG. Standard height with CEFIONTECT.
Measures 28" though will have 1" behind the tank on a 12" rough.

The round Drake, CST743E is also standard height.

And then there is the Cadet, which also comes in a round standard model.

If you can spare the 1.5" at the very end of the bowl, I would go with the CEFIONTECT version Drake.

Gibs

Reaction score
Thanks for the very speedy and late-night response, Terry! Really appreciate your help.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks