Standard height vs. comfort height

Users who are viewing this thread

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Some people like the higher toilets and they are required for ADA so people can slide off their wheelchairs onto the toilet. I'm 6'2" and I prefer a normal height toilet. Everyone's different. Go with what you like.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Standard height bowls are about 14" from floor ( plus seat). Comfort height, also called "handicap" toilet, are usually 16 to 17 plus seat.

It is definitely a matter of preference. I am 5'10". I am also 60 and all my joints creak and groan! I prefer the tall toilet, because it is easier for me so stand up afterwards. At home, I have not changed the toilet yet, but have installed grab bars for assistance.

At your height, the standard bowl may be just fine. And a lady who is a coupe of inches shorter than you may find the tall bowl uncomfortable to sit on. If you visit a large public restroom ( theater, airport, etc.) you shoud be able to "test" the different types and decide.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks