Standard Bathtub Spout does not fit

Users who are viewing this thread

luckylildevil7

Reaction score
I am trying to change out my bathtub spout and the standard ones do not fit. The pipe has a weird end (see pic). I am trying to find out if there is a special spout I can buy (lowes does not have one) or if that is some kind of adapter I can remove? Thanks.

Attachments

• 2010-09-26_15-14-01_724.jpg
    2010-09-26_15-14-01_724.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 1,968

Basement_Lurker

One who lurks
Reaction score
That is a delta adapter fitting for their tub spouts, most other brands, including moen use the slip fit connection that you are probably more familiar with.

delta-lahara-07.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
RP5836-B1.jpg

Buy the replacement Delta spout that uses the same adapter.
You can peel the rubber o-ring from the new adapter, install on the new adapter, and spin on the new spout.

I won't install the junk spouts that Lowes has. At least not unless I'm desperate.

http://www.deltafaucet.com/repairparts/details/RP5836.html

delta-lahara-04.jpg

They make several styles that fit that adapter.

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Delta sells various versions, but all that use that adapter should fit. It's nice because since it seals with the o-ring, you can tighten it down to get rid of the gap without problems.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks