stainless tiles for backsplash

Users who are viewing this thread

dabiz7

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone has any experience, good or bad, with the stainless steel tiles I have been seeing. Have been overhauling the kitchen, was going to go with a custom cut size single piece of stainless for bascksplash behind the cooktop, but when i look at the pictures on the Web, I think I like the option of creating my own design and look using the 4X4 tiles.

Anyway, would appreciate any comments from you rexperience, good or bad.

I love these forums, great source of info!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Since that area gets kind of nasty, you'd probably want to consider an epoxy grout, otherwise the grease and oil even if you sealed the grout (which you should unless it is epoxy), it will soon look like crap.

I'd ask this question at www.johnbridge.com...

dabiz7

Reaction score
I was kind of planning on just butting the tiles up together and not using any kind of grout. just clean it with some glass cleaner or kitchen cleaner that is safe for your appliances.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
tile

Grout would probably not adhere to the tile anyway because there would not be any depth to the "grout" lines between them. It would be like the plastic wall tiles of the 50's, just butted together using the cement behind them as the waterseal.

M

Miho Dejan

Hello guys!

Here im putting some information,Silver polish is also designed for stainless steel and does not leave a dull finish. Also a product called Stainless Steel Magic is good as well.I just tried really a good.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks