stainless 20 or30 gal tank

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by zillfat, Jan 26, 2013.

1. zillfat

zillfat In the Trades

any opinions good or bad any thoughts good or bad anything.i would like to plumb to dem water from street does any body know if and where to get.
    i would rather not buy a water heater to dismantle for only the tank.
    thanks for any help
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  2. zillfat

zillfat In the Trades

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  3. LLigetfa

LLigetfa DIYer, not in the trades

I'm not sure there is anyone hear that can decode your language. I know that I haven't got a clue what this is about.
  4. zillfat

zillfat In the Trades

looking for a water tank only a tank to put in line with boiler incoming water for demestic use. street pressure 60 psi so just any tank wont do
  5. LLigetfa

6. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

If you installed a bladder tank, if the supply water was lost, and you had a checkvalve on the inlet, you'd still have whatever was stored in there with street pressure. Course, without a pump, it would slowly decrease pressure as you used it. Most of them aren't SS, though.
  7. zillfat

zillfat In the Trades

tank not for storage or dooms day. incoming wateronly 42 f rise in boiler about 70f not a good shower want tank in basement to raise water temp to boiler
    dont want a heater just a tank need to know who sells them
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  8. LLigetfa

9. zillfat

zillfat In the Trades

great stuff thanx if you know how long do thay last
  10. LLigetfa

On municipal water with constant pressure they should last your lifetime.
  11. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

quote;
    [​IMG] Originally Posted by jadnashua [​IMG]
    Most of them aren't SS, though.

Nor do they need to be since the water doesn't touch the steel but rather is contained by the bladder.

Incorrect. The AIR is contained in the bladder and the water pressure compresses it. The tank is partially full of water when the bladder is pressurized and FULL of water when the bladder pressure drops to zero. However, we still do NOT know what he wants the tank for, because it will NOT raise the water temperature no matter what it is made of.
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  12. LLigetfa

Every metal tank with replaceable bladder that I've seen, the bladder went in at the opposite end of where the air valve was and the bladder connected to the water supply, not to the air valve. The air is trapped between the bladder and the metal inside of the tank. That also explains why, when the bladder ruptures, you get rusty water since the water does not normally touch the metal.

I do know however, that the WellMate composite tank with bladder works the way you describe but then it is composite so no rust issues.

Here is a cut away view:
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013