Stack Vent Routing

Users who are viewing this thread

augie

Reaction score
I am building a new home with several flat roofs. We are going to put down Sarnafil roofing membrane designed for green roof applications. I would like to minimize/eliminate any penetrations of these roofs if possible. I would like to run all the interior bathroom stack vents horizontally or slightly uphill to the exterior walls and then up through the exterior and then pop out above the roof on the inside of the 4 foot parapet walls that run around the roof. Will this meet code?

Gencon

Renovator
Reaction score
Website
gencon.piczo.com
As long as the vents are 3" minimum where they leave the building and maintain a nominally vertical stance, you should be ok. This means nothing less than 45* from vertical and no single change of direction greater than 45* once your outside. The top must extend above the roof and be away from other fresh air inlets to the building.Check local codes for these distances.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks