Stack Support?

Discussion in 'Remodel Forum & Blog' started by nelsonba, Oct 4, 2005.

1. nelsonba

nelsonba New Member

Does anyone know the best way to support this stack? I'm going to add another line for a new bathroom. I'm assuming it needs to be supported below the wye. I'd also be interested in where I could find the proper supports for something like this.

Attached Files:

2. finnegan

finnegan New Member

The best way would probably be to get a cast iron riser clamp from a plumbing supply store, place it beneath the wye and suspend the clamp from the joists above with steel tape. Or, you could try wrapping the steel tape around the wye and attaching it to the joists. This would probably work, but it might look a little sloppy.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Y

Where are you going to install the "Y"? If it is below the 3x2 Y then you can put a strap around the 2" at the joist, next to the 45, and support it.
  4. nelsonba

nelsonba New Member

It will go below the wye. Will strapping the 2" provide enough support?
  5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

support

Yes, in fact the pipe is probably already "well" supported, but the additional support will just be an additional peace of mind for you.