Stack Support?

Users who are viewing this thread

Nelsonba

Reaction score
Does anyone know the best way to support this stack? I'm going to add another line for a new bathroom. I'm assuming it needs to be supported below the wye. I'd also be interested in where I could find the proper supports for something like this.

Attachments

• compressed0001.jpg
    compressed0001.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 467
  • compressed0002.jpg
    compressed0002.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 465
  • compressed0003.jpg
    compressed0003.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 456
  • compressed0004.jpg
    compressed0004.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 432

Finnegan

Reaction score
The best way would probably be to get a cast iron riser clamp from a plumbing supply store, place it beneath the wye and suspend the clamp from the joists above with steel tape. Or, you could try wrapping the steel tape around the wye and attaching it to the joists. This would probably work, but it might look a little sloppy.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Y

Where are you going to install the "Y"? If it is below the 3x2 Y then you can put a strap around the 2" at the joist, next to the 45, and support it.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
support

Yes, in fact the pipe is probably already "well" supported, but the additional support will just be an additional peace of mind for you.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks