stack pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

witman

Reaction score
We are planning on remodeling our kitchen. However I would like my husband to knock the wall down between the kitchen and the bathroom to enlarge the kitchen. The room directly behind the bathroom is now a bedroom where we would put the new bathroom. How difficult is it to move a stack piep? How costly its it? Is it something a home owner can do themself?

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
First of all, you are looking at a rather major job. As often noted on this site, nothing if impossible if you have the time and money to spend doing it. There are several important details that have to be dealt with to keep the project legal and trouble free. Among these are type of fittings, slope of the drain, venting requirements, and even physical orientation of fittings. I would advise you to consult a plumbing contractor. You may be able to do some of the work yourself, but even if you have the skills to move the walls, you could easily run afoul of plumbing code and end up spending more money than you saved by trying to DIY.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
slab or crawl space??

something else I did not read was wether you were on a slab home or on a crawl space....

a crawl space isnt too bad a job to move drain lines around in, if you look everything over first before jumpinig in ...that is.

if its a slab home, then you are really asking for a fun, fun, time for everyone. Concrete isnt fun to play with.

yoiu would be wise to call a local plumber
to come out and give you a free estimate for a bathroom re-model.

then you will know wether it can be done or not and wether youi are in too deep.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks