Stack Issue Revisited.

Users who are viewing this thread

ElicatDaddy

Reaction score
Hello. I am new to this Q & A thing but it seems very helpful. I was wondering if anyone can help with a general question. I am cutting concrete along the perimeter of my basement to create a French Drain for a seeping foundation. The house is as old as 1850's and the morter joints are giving way to water wanting in. My question is which way does the DWV pipe, which is cast iron, run wants it hits the concrete basement floor? Also, before it makes a turn to the city sewer how far does it go into the ground? The stack is on the outside of the walls I need to know how far the stack goes into the ground before it makes its' turn to the sewer line. Also, do they usually make a 90 degree turn or less of an angle for fall? Thanks in advance!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
There's no way for us to tell which way or how deep the sewer drain line is. You might get an idea from asking the city how deep their line is, then compare that to your house's location. If you were on a hill, you may have a steep pitch. If you are in a depression from where the main line is, it could be a lot less. Basically, though, the drain runs about at 1/4" per foot or more. WHere a line makes a 90-degree bend, they should be a cleanout.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks