Sta-rite lawn pump

Discussion in 'Irrigation / Sprinkler Forum' started by jimbo11, Mar 21, 2007.

1. jimbo11

jimbo11 New Member

I bought a new 1.5 hp sprinkler pump last year. One day, it quit working so well. Now, I get about half the water flow. I checked the flow just downstream of the pump. Some clicking sound in the pump housing. Anybody have any experience with this? Supposed to be a very good pump.
  2. speedbump

speedbump Previous member

Sta Rite is a good pump, but it's only as good as the water source it's using. Is this a well, pond, river, stream or what?

bob...
  3. jimbo11

jimbo11 New Member

It's a well

Probably 15-20 ft. The clicking sound in the pump housing is my first focus. The dealer did say that new sta-rites almost never fail, so...
  4. speedbump

speedbump Previous member

I don't know what a clicking sound would be in the pump "housing". Your well point may be plugging up. That is not an uncommon happening.

bob...