SS water lines

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by big2bird, Dec 9, 2012.

1. big2bird

big2bird IBEW Electrician

So what is the story on SS braided water lines for toilets, faucets, washers, dishwashers,icemakers? What is the best to use for each? Just curious. I hear horror stories on different forums about all kinds of hoses. My old plumber friend liked the tubing/rubber washer deals the best. That's been years ago.
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

A good quality stainless braided should be fine.
    I don't like the Watts Floodsafe, and won't install them.

The most permanent has always been copper supply lines. They are more difficult for a homeowner to install.
  3. big2bird

big2bird IBEW Electrician

I asked the guys at Home Dump about those. He said they had a "High level of returns." I passed, and appreciated his honesty.
  4. Lakee911

Lakee911 I&C Engineer (mostly WWTP)

I think braided stainless steel washer hoses and other supply hoses used to be high quality. Now everyone and their dog sells one and I have to wonder, since China and the bean counters are involved, are any of them actually any good?

A while ago, I decided that I am going to go back to flexible and rigid supply lines (where I can)...I've just not had the oppurtunity yet.