Squealing / hissing sound from tub faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

miketp

Reaction score
I recently opened up an outside wall and sprayed in insulation to address a freezing pipe issue. Since then, the tub faucet makes a squealing sound. It usually only happens after turning on the faucet a second time within a few hours (although sometimes the first time also), usually takes a few seconds before it starts, and it only lasts ~30 seconds before going away.

Could have the spray foam insulation dislodged the pipe that could cause this? I also took out and cleaned the cartridge in case debris got into the line when I turned off the main prior to putting in the insulation, but that didn't help.

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
It sounds like some air is in the line (from shutting off the water supply). If this is the case, the hissing should go away after you run the water for a little bit. How many times have you turned on this faucet since the hissing first started?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks