square trim shower drain

Users who are viewing this thread

charlesj

Reaction score
I'm building a new tile shower & I'm looking for a Square Clamping Ring Drain to install...haven't been able to find to many to pick from. Only 1 & I'd like to see more if there is any... any help would be appreicated

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
This brings up one area of planning often overlooked by do-it-yourselfers. When you go shopping for parts on the day you are ready to start working, you will be limited to perhaps the one item stocked locally. Some pre-planning allows you to shop internet, or have a local supply house order something in for you.

SO, I am in no way suggesting that DIY is not a good thing. For others who may be reading, I am suggesting that you allow several weeks planning for a big job like a shower. You will be happier in the long run when you can find exactly the parts you need.

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
There are new options in square shower drains.

My favourite of late is the square drain from My Shower Grate Shop and I'm currently testing a new one from Laticrete. I have found that these new tile insert drains can suffer from "Air Locks" - where the water gets trapped by a bubble of air and does not drain. So far I have had two "Air Lock" issues with my own installations and have since switched manufactures.

My latest install is working properly and I have learned how to fix the other drains with an "Anti Air Lock" collar.

Careful which drain you buy. Chances the cheapest one out there is cheapest for a reason...

Our last curbless shower here in Vancouver with the "Next Generation" tile top drain installed. These second generation drains have a better flow rate than the earlier models.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks