square, not round, water heater drip pan

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by dabiz7, Sep 9, 2008.

1. dabiz7

dabiz7 New Member

Was wondering if anyone has seen a square water heater drip pan, instread of the round ones? Most of the round drip pans I have seen are like 24" in diameter. This does not work for where my old water heater is located.
    I could get by with a round one, maybe 22" dia. max. Haven't seen one of those yet, though.

If I am off base and they never made a square one, any cool idea about waht I could use instead? I thought maybe a shower pan, but I don't think those are available as small as I need. I was hoping for something like 22" square.

great site, I read it everyday, learn something new.
    Thanks
  2. Garydaplummer

Garydaplummer Union plumber/pipefitter-self employed

Fab shop

If I need an odd-sized condensate pan or containment pan I go to a local sheet metal fabrication shop. They can make a sealed-seam pan any dimension you want.
  3. Livin4Real

Livin4Real New Member

m enards has them, we have one under the water heater and one under the softener. They were like $10