Sprinklers turning on and off sporadicly.

Discussion in 'Irrigation / Sprinkler Forum' started by er0ica, May 4, 2007.

1. er0ica

er0ica New Member

Just bought a house and the sprinker system is not working properly. In any mode auto/man the sprinklers keep turning on and off during the duration of the watering. Some times for a sec sometimes for 20 sec.

I've redone the connections both at the controller and on the outside where the controller connects to the system.

It's an Orbit controller.

We use reclaimed water.
  2. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

If all of the zones are doing the same thing, I would suspect a faulty controller.
  3. Verdeboy

Verdeboy In the Trades

Aside from an electrical problem, there could be a problem with the vacuum breaker, or a rock or something in the line that unplugs for a few minutes and then plugs back up again.
  4. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

I don't see how a rock would affect all zones. Perhaps I'm not seeing something.
  5. Verdeboy

Verdeboy In the Trades

My comment began: "Aside from an electrical problem"..... There's a strong chance that it is an electrical problem. There's a much smaller chance that it is the vacuum breaker or a rock in the line. Heck, there could even be a little green man from Mars living in the water line. But that's even less of a possibility. :)

BTW, He/she didn't mention if it affected all the zones or if he/she even has more than one zone. We don't even know if it's a standard or drip irrigation system.
    Last edited: May 4, 2007