Sprinklers run out of water..need help

Users who are viewing this thread

dnov18

Reaction score
I have been in my house for 3 years now, built it new, and never had a problem before. I am on a well and two weeks ago, my sprinklers had stopped due to a lack of water. The house pressure has been fine, no issues at all. The well kicks on at 40 psi, but cannot produce enough volume, fast enough. When the pump does kick on with the house water, I did notice that it takes approximately 3-4 minutes to go from 40 to 60 psi.

I did clorinate my well in the fall though. Could this have done anything? I also have high iron content in my water. I am now totally lost, I either need to call someone or change my well pump.

To date, below is what I have done.

Any Suggestions?

1. Pulled the pump. Pump looked good, no signs of excessive wear..not that I know what to look for. It is a 3/4 hp pump 4"

2. Changed the pressure switch. Contacts looked like they could use replacing.

3. Drained the pressure tank to make sure that the bladder wasn't broke. I couldn't hear any water "swishing" around when empty.

4. Set the Pressure tank to 38 psi, with the pump turning on at 40 off at 60psi.

5. Check for leaks in sprinkler lines

6. Used NuWell to clean the well screen.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks