Sprinklers Not Shutting Off

Discussion in 'Irrigation / Sprinkler Forum' started by AZ1JoeT, Apr 13, 2007.

1. AZ1JoeT

AZ1JoeT New Member

I have a four zone sprinkler system. Zone 1 does not shut off. It also sounds as if water is running at the control box in the ground while none of the sprinklers are on.

When zone 1 continues running I am unable to shut it off at the timer unless I start a "Test" and then stop the test while those sprinklers (zone 1) are running.

What can cause sprinklers to keep running? Only 10 or 12 things? :)\

Much appreciation.

JT
  2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots Sprinkler Guy

No more than eleven. Look at the valves in the outdoor valve box. Make sure that one of them is not manually set open. (play the Sesame Street game - "One of these things is not like the other")
  3. AZ1JoeT

AZ1JoeT New Member

If by valves, you mean the little switches I can manually open or close to turn a specific zone on or off, then they all appear to be closed (off).

Thanks for the reply.

JT
  4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots Sprinkler Guy

Valves. They're the devices that physically control the water. Confirm that none of them are manually set to stay open.