Sprinkler zone valve size

Users who are viewing this thread

jwachtel

Reaction score
I have a sandpoint irrigation well with a 2" supply to the pump and a 1-1/2" output. That is reduced down to 1" PVC which supplies 5 zone valves (Rainbird 1", 24V). I then have 1" poly main lines for each zone with 1/2" branching off the the individual sprinkler heads. I have neighbors that have similar pump setups with the exception that they use quarter-turn ball valves and manually start their pumps to water their lawns and their sprinklers seem to have better pressure and coverage than mine. My question is, would I improve my system performance by removing the 1-1/2" to 1" reduction and run 1-1/2" PVC into my valve box and replace the 1" valves with 1-1/2" valves. I'm wondering if the 1" valves are causing me a greater friction loss than my neighbors are seeing. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Upper

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
How many sprinklers per zone? How much water does each sprinkler want to use? Upper

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks