Sprinkler valve doesn't appear to close

Discussion in 'Irrigation / Sprinkler Forum' started by Rshane, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Rshane

Rshane New Member

I am using an automatic sprinkler valve to run my vegetable garden drip system. I am using a pressure reducing low flow 9 valve manifold off of a 3/4" pvc line plumbed to the garden bed. I verified the position of all the manual valves to be in the closed position. On the garden zone there is no difference in the on or off position. It just runs and runs. :confused: Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.
  2. Rshane

Rshane New Member

update:

I installed a 30 psi pressure regulator down stream at the second garden bed not in use. Voila! It shuts off. This appears to be a pressure back up and the bleed caused by the low flow is not great enough to allow the valve to fully close. I am assuming that lawn sprinklers are adjusted to have a 30 or 50 psi regulation in their spring tension internally. If this is the case will not have the same issue if I added a low flow branch that had a sprinkler already on it?