Sprinkler valve doesn't appear to close

Users who are viewing this thread

Rshane

Reaction score
I am using an automatic sprinkler valve to run my vegetable garden drip system. I am using a pressure reducing low flow 9 valve manifold off of a 3/4" pvc line plumbed to the garden bed. I verified the position of all the manual valves to be in the closed position. On the garden zone there is no difference in the on or off position. It just runs and runs. :confused: Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

Rshane

Reaction score
update:

I installed a 30 psi pressure regulator down stream at the second garden bed not in use. Voila! It shuts off. This appears to be a pressure back up and the bleed caused by the low flow is not great enough to allow the valve to fully close. I am assuming that lawn sprinklers are adjusted to have a 30 or 50 psi regulation in their spring tension internally. If this is the case will not have the same issue if I added a low flow branch that had a sprinkler already on it?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks