Sprinkler System Leak

Users who are viewing this thread

tf123

Reaction score
I had a leak in my main water line at the Meter, a broken pvc pipe at the meter connection. Since we fixed the leak we had sand coming out of the faucets and toilets in the house. We cleaned out the faucet lines and repaired the toilet. I am left with a problem with the sprinkler system leaking. If I turn off the sprinkler valve then the meter stops turning. I started to try to flush out the line through a valve after the anti siphon device, no luck. I took off one of the sprinkler heads on one zone and let the water flush out. Still has a leak. Sand must be stuck in the lines or the valves. What do you think? Any easy way to clean it out and stop the leak? Thanks, Tony

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
By a sprinkler leak, I assume you mean that one or more of the zone valves is not shutting off all the way and water continues to come out of some of the sprinkler heads. If that's the case, then you'll have to determine which valve is leaking based on which sprinkler heads are leaking and remove the sand from it. This may be a pain, since you'll have to take the valve apart and find where the sand is blocking the o-rings, etc., from sealing.

Last edited:

tf123

Reaction score
Sprinkler Valve Leak

Thanks for the INFO. That was the problem. Cleaned out valve of sand and dirt for Zone 4 and the leak stopped and the meter stopped running.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks