Sprinkler stuck in Zone 1. Won't turn off.

Users who are viewing this thread

jad0807

Reaction score
I have a 6 zone system. The valves are spread across the yard, not centralized. When I start the system, zone 1 turns on like normal, however it won't move on to zone 2. So, I turn the water off from the Shut Off valve a the street.

I go back inside and turn the system off at the control box. I go back to the street and turn the water back on. Now water is trickling out of the sprinkler heads in zone 1 with the sprinkler system turned off.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
There may also be a problem with the timer as you wrote this, but it sounds like your main problem is the valve for zone 1 in my opinion, is sticking open.

jad0807

Reaction score
Is it the cellanoid or the diaphragm? Or should I replace both? or the whole valve?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
A more pressing problem is that if you have to turn off the water at the street, you must NOT have the required backflow preventer, since it would have TWO shutoffs and you could turn off either one to stop the flow from the sprinklers.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
A more pressing problem is that if you have to turn off the water at the street, you must NOT have the required backflow preventer, since it would have TWO shutoffs and you could turn off either one to stop the flow from the sprinklers.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks