Sprinkler Pump lost/losing prime? (Florida)

Users who are viewing this thread

Kristof Ferenczi

Reaction score
Hi, I have a Utilitech sprinkler pump 1 1/2 HP. Moved into this Florida home last year, had this sprinkler system already installed. Problem is, at first everything went fine I guess. Go water flowing fast enough etc. Now I keep having to reprime to water my lawn every time I need it on. It loses pressure on the gauge the nest day and the water isn't being sucked through after even 5 minutes. I haven't check to the suction lines yet underground but there aren't any leaks in the suction line above ground leading to the pump. Thanks!

Kristof Ferenczi

Reaction score
I pulled up about 45 feet of piping from the well and I cut off the check valve at the beginning of the pipe. ( I wanted to see if there was anything wrong below the well) Turns out the check valve is indeed leaking when I pour water into it so I'll replace that and see if it works. Thank you.

JohnjH2o1

Plumbing Contractor for 49 years
Reaction score
Why did you pull the well? The check valve was on top of the well.

John

Kristof Ferenczi

Reaction score
I know, but I wanted to check the footvalve to see if that was ok or not. The check valve wouldn't have come off unless I pulled up a part of the piping anyway. I'll be able to couple em back together with couplings right?

JohnjH2o1

Plumbing Contractor for 49 years
Reaction score
All you had to do was cut the PVC and unscrew and replace the check valve.

John

Kristof Ferenczi

Reaction score
The morons who installed the check valve GLUED the slip adapter into the check valve :\ Is it bad that I pulled the pipes up? :eek:

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks