Sprinkler Heads

Discussion in 'Irrigation / Sprinkler Forum' started by seansy59, Feb 5, 2012.

1. seansy59

seansy59 New Member

Is 20'-25' too close for sprinkler rotors? How far do pros usually place them apart? I always see pictures of irrigation systems, and they look like heads are 40'-50' apart with a great head-head throw. I don't have lots of pressure or gpm.

What kind of rotor would be the best? Its in a high traffic area, and I plan on $12 max each head with the shipping.

I planned on either using the Rainbird 5004 head or PGP Ultra (upgraded/better PGP-ADJ). What would you suggest?

Thanks
  2. mike1059

mike1059 irrigation tech.

at that spacing and with a lower flow rate and pressure the rain bird 3504 would be a better choice. it's designed for just your requirements
  3. gunner95

gunner95 New Member

Dallas sprinkler repair

I own a sprinkler company and would be happy to talk to you for free on the phone about all the options. There are better options than the rainbird rotor you talked about. Go to my site at www.dallas-sprinkler-repair.com Check out the irrigation tutorial section and the page all about sprinkler rotors as well. Email me or call me with any questions