Sprinkler back pressure FEBCO 765-1 device leaks at vertical valve

Users who are viewing this thread

SDD

Reaction score
I am seeing water leak from FEBCO 765-1 back pressure vertical ball valve. Can the leak stopped with plumbers putty or some other product? If replacement of the valve or entire assembly is a must then can the leaky valve be replaced with a new valve or do I need to replace entire assembly? How do I replace the valve or entire assembly?

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
You first have to determine what's leaking: the unit itself or a connector/fitting.

If it's a fitting, you can re-do the connection fairly inexpensively. But if it's the valve itself, you might be able to locate a repair kit, but if you add costs plus your time plus gas, phone calls, looking online, talking to plumbers, explaning to your wife what you're doing, and so on, you will come ahead replacing the valve.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks