Spring tank system

Users who are viewing this thread

Estragon

Reaction score
Lived on springs for nearly forty years, lost the main one this year. Drilled, got 75 gpm at 240 feet, but water not as good quality as spring water. Can isolate well supply to serve only irrigation, toilet and washing machine and would like to return to using spring water for kitchen and showers, for which I still have sufficient spring for two people (approx 400 gallons per day).

Spring water is stored in 2,000 gallon tank located 50" from house and 35 feet below highest outlet in house.
Old pressure tank (80 gal Flotec) needs to be replaced but still have an operating, 15 year old, 1/2 hp Goulds JS05 jet pump to transfer water from tank to house.

Questions:

(1) What would be most efficient pressure tank size (prefer Xtrol)?

(2) Is this fifteen-year old pump nearing its end?

(3) Showers have, in the past, been irregular in pressure, necessitating manipulating the hot and cold several times to maintain a constant temperature for the AquaStar on-demand heater. This is not the case for the well system (1 hp, 16 gpm Grunfos, Xtrol 302 tank). Would a CSV allow using the old system with better pressure and flow control? Control Stop Valves wanted to sell me a complete package: valve, tank, etc for close to $600, but that seems high since I already have a pump, regulator, valves already in place.

Thanks,
Redcow

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
If you already have a pressure tank, pressure switch, and all the fittings, all you need is the CSV itself. Depending on which one you choose, they range from $90 to $245. Call or PM me and I will help you choose the right valve. Because yes the CSV will deliver constant pressure to the water heater and make it work properly.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks