Spring improvement

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by Idaho181, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Idaho181

Idaho181 New Member

I have 7 natural springs on our place just north of the town of Nezperce Idaho. There are two small ones that I would like to improve. I'm interested in using some tires for this and would appreciate any info or suggestions on doing this. I just went to one of the 'wet spots' yesterday with post hole diggers and dug down 20 inches. Within 45 minutes there was 12 inches of water in this hole so I think I may need more than 3 springs improved. Any assistance would be appreciated.
  2. ballvalve

ballvalve General Engineering Contractor

Every guy would do a spring differently, but if you wish to drink it, stay away from tires. A backhoe would be your appropriate digging tool. Plastic 55 gallon drums are food grade and last forever. tie them together if you have some grade. you can slot them with a saw near the source to let water in. Or a "reverse" septic system can be installed with 4" pipe.