Spraying texture onto FRP

Users who are viewing this thread

tcerka

Reaction score
I'm reworking the bathroon in a trailer I'm renting. The walls are covered with FRP and I want to make all the seams and extra trim pieces go away by putting bullnose on outside corners and patching gaps in inside corners and seams. Sparying the whole room with an orange peel will be a nice way to blend all the patchwork together. My question is how do I get the texture/mud to bond/adhere to the FRP.

Tim Cerka

delta d

Reaction score
I've done entire houses with a hopper system and they all turned out sharp.I scratched the wall up with a good course grain sand paper and went for it .

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I would not do that. But if you want to try it, I would think you need lightly scuff the surface to remove any contaminants and give it some tooth. I still wonder how well the bond will stand up to bangs and bumps.

tcerka

Reaction score
The house is on a foundation. By bangs and bumps did you mean from the road or from hitting the wall itself?

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Yes I meant someone or something banging the wall. The FRP may have some give, and such flexing would be hard on the bond of the texture.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks