Spray foam? Around pipes in concrete slabs.

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by geniescience, Mar 27, 2007.

1. I have read that pipes should not come in direct contact with concrete. Mine are copper and cast iron. I'm in a high rise concrete building.

In a highrise building, to prevent air from rising from one floor to the next, should I spray foam into slab openings? It's bad air. I want to stop it from going through my living space and my wall cavities.

Some people have already used concrete to fill the gaps.

david
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

You might want to consider fireproof caulking. It would provide more than one thing - block the air you don't want, and give you (a little bit) more fire proofing between floors/units.
  3. markts30

markts30 Commercial Plumber

I agree....
    As a matter of fact, that is all we use for penetrations between floors...