SPIROVENT, Does anybody have feedback on these

Users who are viewing this thread

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
They work, but you might need to clear mineral deposits from the valve assembly. There's a procedure for it and it's not all that hard, but it does take some time. Once that valve gets plugged up, they cease to work, but work quite well until that happens (and after the maintenance). It depends on how hard your water is as to how often it might happen.

rjbphd

In the Trades
Reaction score
Don't need them if you have built in air eliminator in boiler and piped properly with pumping away from ponpc.

BadgerBoilerMN

Hydronic Heating Designer
Reaction score
Website
www.badgerboilerservice.com
The old taco scoop has been obsolete for some time. If you think you can use a scoop and a vent for low temperature radiant systems with a half-mile of tubing you have more time to mess around with entrained air than I ever did. After I installed my first Spirovent, circa 1987, I never looked back. And many of my peers experienced the same.

It is just good practice to eliminate all air from the system as quickly as possible. With very low design temperature e.g. commercial radiant slabs where SWT never exceeds 60F, a conventional scoop is a waste of time and material.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks