Spinning PEX fittings

Users who are viewing this thread

Dillon

Reaction score
I have read that it is normal to be able to spin PEX fittings after crimping.

So, here is my situation. I just plumbed up my new shower valve using PEX. First time using it and I have no leaks, well not leaks from the PEX. I did have the screwed female fittings that screw to the valve body slightly dripping. It was very little. I obviously needed to tighten the fittings more, and so I did with the PEX still all crimped. I was able to tighten one site another 2 turns and the other maybe a full turn. The leaks seem to be gone and the PEX is still holding with no issues. Was this ok to do? will intentionally spinning the PEX on the fitting cause damage? Should I have cut the PEX tightened the fitting and re done the whole thing?

Last edited by a moderator:

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
I've turned PEX fittings after crimping, haven't had a problem yet. I would tend to minimize the spinning, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yuber

Reaction score
As far as I know this is normal with crimped fittings. Definitely minimize, but if you do have to spin them a little I wouldn't be concerned as long as you passed the go/no go gauge check.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks