Spin Closet Valve 45 Degrees

Users who are viewing this thread

DaveC1

Reaction score
My rough plumber installled a Closet Flange on a new sewer line that goes under a concrete floor(conversion of garage to bedroom). Subsequently we added tile and now the valve is approx. 1/2" low. I know I need to add spacers and I also want to change the direction the toilet faces by 45 degrees. Can I just drill some holes into the old closet Flange and tightly screw in the new, reoriented spacers?....thanks

Last edited:

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Closet bend? Flange?

We aren't fans of spacers, generally speaking, at least the ones that go on top of the flange. Just use two wax rings.

Your other question I will leave for others. However, as a practical matter, the waste should discharge vertically from the spigot of your toilet, so the direction you aim the bend isn't by itself an issue.

DaveC1

Reaction score
Tks wjcandee....my issue with rotation is that the first flange is set and the position of the bolt supports won't allow a 45 degree rotation....I need something to attach to without breaking out the first flange....thanks, Dave

Reach4

Reaction score
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks