Spin a Toto Unifit Adapter Around Backwards?

Users who are viewing this thread

Mkwalker

Reaction score
I am doing a basement remodel. In one section I want to build out a subwall from the CMU block about about 16 inches to bury large drain and vent pipes above that would otherwise require a soffet. Problem is, if I do that I partially bury my toilet drain opening in the floor. I was thinking I could take a Toto Guinivere, spin a 10" unifit adapter around backwards, and back the toilet up to my new wall. Assuming the backwards Unifit poses no flow problems, and the open back of the Guinivere is open all the way to the floor, my only remaining question is what will be the offset with a 10" adapter? In other words, how far behind the toilet will the center-point of the drain cover on the Unifit adapter be?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The only way this could work is if you could rotate the entire toilet and fitting 180-degrees. Doesn't sound like that would work in your case.

breid1903

Reaction score
if it was mine i would set the unit on floor where you want it and then mark closet bolts pattern on floor. set some studs or red heads, bolt stool down. my question is will fit thru the back of stool? breid

Mkwalker

Reaction score
Thanks Terry. Couldn't I do as breid1903 suggested and anchor the bowl down some other way, such as lead or plastic anchors and small-diameter lag bolts?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks