Spigot Leaks Inside House

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by kylerodland, Feb 3, 2009.

1. kylerodland

kylerodland New Member

well...just like the title says my spigot leaks into my home, only when it's on. not sure why? i guessing i need to replace the whole thing. does anyone have suggestions for what kind of spigot i should replce it with? maybe i don't have to replace the entier thing?
    i don;t know much. i'm a novice.

Thanks

-Kyle
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

If it's a frost free faucet, then the tubing in the wall may have split from freezing.

Complete replacement is the answer.

[​IMG]
  3. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

The usual cause of frost free valves breaking is the hose being left attached during freezing weather. This prevents the water from draining.
  4. kylerodland

kylerodland New Member

thanks guys, i'll replace it. should i use the which spigot is the best to buy? i've also read about using a ball joint faucet, what are your thoughts about that?

-Kyle
  5. kingsotall

kingsotall Plunger/TurdPuncher

Terry's recommendation can't be beat.
  6. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

I don't think a ball valve would work as a frost free. The mechanics of a frost free has the actual shut off occurring inside the house. See the diagram previously posted. A ball valve turns off/on on the outside. Also, it is much harder to regulate flow with a ball valve.