Specs on pump

Users who are viewing this thread

eod4647

Reaction score
Good Afternoon,

I replaced my pump a few weeks ago and I'm just trying to find out some specs on the old pump. Not having any idea what was in the well when it died, I bought a new pupm at Tractor Supply Co. The new one is a 1/2 HP230V 10GPM two wire. What I pulled out was a Franklin motor (model 214509004 1/2 HP 3 wire) and the pump was a Goulds. The only numbers I can find on it are: 10EJ05412 and M 087285. I couldn't find anythin at Goulds, so maybe someone could tell me what the GPM rating of the old pump was. 10 GPM was all they had in town and I've had no problems with water supply. I still need to install a constant pressure valve. That will happen shortly.

Thanks.

Chris

eod4647

Reaction score
Thanks. Looks like I replaced it with the same size. Now, it's on to the well I use for irrigation. It has a cracked pipe or a hole in it. Need to get it repaired before the snow flies!

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Since a got to be like 60, snow is a very bad thing unless you are looking at pictures of it, post cards are nice or, you're looking out the window at snow capped Rockies in June and July. And especially if you are working on a well. Since I got to 60 or so I pride myself on how many months/years it has been, currently over 2.5 yrs, that I haven't had to wear anything but Tee shirts, shorts or jeans. And we currently are at 7400' in the Rockies, where the first 30 minutes in the morning with no heat overnight, it is getting what I call brisk, or refreshing until the furnace does its thing and she hands me that first cup of coffee.

Anyway, real men that live in houses have their own well.

QuinJ1

Reaction score
Goulds 10EJ05412

I have a Goulds EJ05412 submersible in my basement and I'm having an issue with it short cycling. I had a plumber here 3 years ago when we had the same issue and he drained and repressured the galvanized tank solving the issue. I want to the same but I'm not sure what size the tank is. From what I've read you should drain it and then pressure it to 2 below depending on the size i.e 18 psi for 20-40 and 28 psi for 30-50. I think the tank is 30-50, but I don't want to over pressure it. At the moment the tank is sitting at 48 psi so I would assume its a 30-50, but as they say assuming makes an ass........

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks