Speakman Lavatory faucet trouble identifying valve stem.

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by redwater, Jul 31, 2010.

1. redwater

redwater New Member

Because I am not a plumbing person (alas) I broke this bolt that holds the handle in place.
    I don't think it can work without it.
    It's porcelian and brass trim.

I need to get the bolt for the top of the valve stem. Does anyone recognize this? Do you know if the valve stem or part can be obtained? I am not sure the handle will turn the valve on, without this bolt tightened up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The broken off bolt is located 1/3 the way up the stem, which is at the bottom of this picture (above)
    [​IMG]
    This is where the bolt goes (into the top of the porcelain handle/ housing)
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

I will have to check my old catalog on Monday, but it looks very much like a Broadway faucet. That is not good news, because they are gone and no parts are available.
    You mentioned speakman.. and that would not be out of line, because Speakman did make some internal stems and cartridges for the Broadway line. I still don't think you can find anything.
    The outside shot.....Broadway was bought by Ingersol Rand ....http://company.ingersollrand.com/aboutus/Pages/History.aspx .....( see 1999 ). Being a standup company, when Ingersol Rand dissolved the product line around 2004 they did attempt to maintain service on the lifetime warranty to the original purchaser. It has been a couple of years since I have known anyone to use ths, but give Ingersol Rand a call.

Meanwhile, let's see if some of the other old-timers have a better recognition of your faucet.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

I am having a hard time correlating your use of the word "bolt" with anything on the faucet body. The only thing I see that matches your description is the escutcheon holder, which has nothing to do with the handle turning the faucet on or off.