I just purchased a 1970 house with aluminum wiring. I'm going to replace the old outlets with aluminum-rated ones. I just went to replace the first one and when I had the circuit breaker off and was disconnecting wires, the neutral wires started sending off sparks when they shifted. They continued to do this after the hot wires and ground were disconnected. My multimeter indicated there was no current going through the outlet. I assume the sparks indicate a problem, but I'm very much a novice when it comes to electrical work. Any help in figuring out what might be wrong would be appreciated. I did finish up installing the new outlet, as I figured that was safer than having loose wires. Bonus question: When getting the wire under the screws on the new outlet, I couldn't help scratching it a bit with my pliers. I've heard that scratches are particularly bad in aluminum wiring because it becomes a weak point during later heating and cooling expansion and contraction. How much of a problem is light scoring along the surface of the wire? Thank you.